7.08.2013

Inheritance Review

What better joy in the world than to finish an epic fantasy series. Most of us if not all of us enjoy fantasy novels be them urban fantasy, epic fantasy, high fantasy and the list can continue on to what seems like an epic proportion. I know when I finish fantasy series I feel a relief of longing because you spent a majority of your time in this world and got to know the character so, when the story is over you might not want to leave. If you get that feeling of not wanting to leave from any series especially a fantasy series, then the author did his job correctly.

Another high fantasy novel series full with cliche elements about humans, elves and good versus evil scenario. However we still love those story no matter how cliche as long as the characters and plot captivate us to forget that its cliche. Inheritance and Inheritance Cycle does just that splendidly because I saw those cliche elements on countless and I mean countless pages. Those elements were litter throughout the series such as the mentors, creating of the sword and the meaning behind the names of things. All of these elements and more are present in the novels, but I didn't care I was involved with the characters most of the time. Maybe it was easier for me to overlook the cliche elements because I am a character driven reader or I choose not to judge the novel and author use of cliches and read the novel for what it was cliches and all. The story is of a young boy turn Dragon Rider, whom strives to free all the lands of an evil tyrant's tyranny. How cliche can you get with that, but the series is great especially the journey of the author's writing style because with each new installment his writing improve each time. This has been your surrogate crazy signing off, live in let live.

-crazyC

No comments:

Post a Comment