7.17.2013

Wacky Wednesday

Boom! Boom! Boom! Welcome to a world of pure imagination just kidding I won't burst into song, but that was a very catchy song growing up I loved Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. That being said I have decided that this Wednesday edition of Wacky Wednesday will be all about movies and more specifically those cheesy book to movie adaptation.

You all know and have seen those movies that I am talking about. Don't act like you haven't read or watched the books or movies, respectively. Now I will be the first to admit that I have read and watch those adaptation movies and I tend to enjoy them for what they are and that is the pure entertainment value. I don't consider myself to be a uber fan and go crazy and angry if the movie doesn't live up to the novel because I know that I will always have the novel to fall back on even if the movie is a flop. These following is the list of my favorite adaptation movies.

  • Harry Potter movie series - who haven't and wouldn't want to watch this series. The movies do great justice to the book series; it may have bits and piece changed in the movie, but that was to make a better movie. Overall, this movie series is one of the better book to movie adaptation.
  • Twilight saga - I know I have actually read the Twilight books and I quite enjoy there value for what they are worth and that is the pure imagination and entertainment. The movies just like with Harry Potter played very well with the source material, but against some things were changed to make sense in the movie world rather than the literacy world. Overall, the movie weren't totally bad however they are like the books in being strictly entertainment.
  • The Vampire Diaries - I know that this isn't a movie, but rather a television adaptation and I just couldn't leave it out of this list. The show is awesome with the correct amount of suspense and supernatural fill to make anyone enjoy the show. The big difference between the show and the source material is huge meaning that the show just takes the name and the general concepts. The show is overhaul of the series which created a new Vampire Diaries. Overall, the show is great to watch without having read the books and the books are still awesome to read because they don't really follow the show.
Now that you have seen a little bit of my taste in both movies and television I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. This has been your surrogate crazy signing off, live in let live.

-crazyC

No comments:

Post a Comment