6.19.2013

The Golden Compass Review

Time and space slowed down for let another review from the ever popular or not-so popular crazyC. Hello there you have want another recommendation I hope if here it is anyway take you selfless parasites. I love you don't turn away I promise I can change. This blogging thing is getting easier with each post I make, I know that the post are book reviews. What can I say I write and post what I am passionate about in my free time. I mean I am like any other young male adult I love video games, movies and other technical gizmo, but I will always have passion for reading and reviewing books. I started reviewing books on Youtube, which you can see my older works; then I moved to reviewing on Goodreads and now I am reviewing on a blog. I am not abandoning those medium, but for Youtube I want to be able to produce quality video and not just record myself with a camera and upload. Goodreads will be a little different because I will post the reviews from this blog on Goodreads just at different periods and slightly different. I will never stop reviewing its just how I go about reviewing that will change. 

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman is differently a worth wild read, I personality would have to read this book again and re-rate this novel at a later date. From this reading I can conclude that the concept of this novel is the opposite of the Narnia books. The Golden Compass had everything I enjoy in a novel. Its has action, puzzles and thought provoking plot with twists and turn to make you keep on reading. Now the movie that was based on this novel was in my opinion done pretty well for a Hollywood film because Hollywood like to have climatic battle as the ending instead of a ton of dialogue. So, the movie should be taken as just one of the many adaptation this novel can produce. Overall, the book wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst and I will have to reread this novel and give another rating later on. This has been your surrogate crazy signing off, live in let live.

-crazy C

No comments:

Post a Comment