6.26.2013

Wacky Wednesday


Welcome to Wacky Wednesday on the crazyC Book Cafe blog. I was think what should I do for this edition of WW. Should I do another tag post or something different. I was watching some Youtube video and getting caught up in my queue. More specifically I was watching tag videos for idea on tags. There were a couple of neat ideas such as the completed series tag or the top 2 in 6 genre tags, but with both I felt that I couldn't really contribute much to the tag because I only have like three series completed and I don't really have a lot of say in the other genre, mostly fantasy. What I decided to do is go to Goodreads and find a book that I have read or own that has had a cover change and discuss which cover I like best. Lets get to hunting and covering, the choice of cover to be discuss this Wacky Wednesday will be The Curse Worker series by Holly Black more specifically The White Cat.

The series cover style started being publish with the style on the left, while recently redesign the covers to be similar in style to the style on the right. Both style aren't bad, but for purest like myself or other we tend to want to keep our series looking similar so when they change the covers it sometimes forces us to have to repurchase the new cover. I don't repurchase the books, but I tend to try to find the old covers or purchase the new ones from where I left off in the series however I will be angry. Fortunately with this series I only have one book with the old style so, I am not too upset. I actually like the old covers because it remains me of a film noir style while the newer covers makes me think New Orleans style. I hate when publisher change the covers, but I know why they do it just makes me mad. This has been your surrogate crazy signing off, live in let live.

-crazyC

No comments:

Post a Comment