6.10.2013

The Rope Trick Review

Another day and another week for some living and reading. Now the next review is the consider a middle grade read, but has I have said in the past and if I haven't yet said it I tend to read anything that has a great story, characters and especially some type of coming of age set in a fantasy realm. Hence why I enjoy reading anything writing by the late great Lloyd Alexander because is novels are full with fantasy elements and his character grow along with the story also, possessing a clear good and clear evil character no real gray/half evil doing good characters. Yet get to the meet of this review I know you are starving for this review. 

Yet another great book by Lloyd Alexander. I have yet to read the Chronicles of Pydrian by him, but I have seen the movie the Black Cauldron about a dozen times. The Rope Trick is a short and cute read great for all ages. The main purpose of the novel was Lidi was looking for a magician that knew the rope trick and for that magician to teach the trick to her. All in all, the ultimate adventure never lies within the destination, but rather the journey to the destination. Lloyd Alexander knew this fundamental concept frontward and backward; he constantly wrote where the journey was more interesting to read about that the final outcome of the adventure. That was what the author was trying to convey that the reader shouldn't strive for the answers rather the solution for the answers. I find myself enjoying anything written by this author and thanks for great works and rest in peace, Lloyd Alexander. This has been your surrogate crazy signing off, live in and let live.

-crazyC

No comments:

Post a Comment