6.21.2013

The Thief Review

Don't you just love reading book reviews? Sometimes they're good or times they're the worst. Good or bad I enjoy them all because its that person prospective on the book. In most case you might find a gem in that novel or the review is of a highly popular novel and its getting even more praise. That is why I review books that I enjoy and not jump directly on the bandwagon of the "In book" or the "new Harry Potter". The only time I jump on the bandwagon of those popular books is if I enjoy the author or I read the first book and base my opinion on the series/author determining if I stick with the author and go crazy for the next installment. This next author and book series that I am reviewing is one of those moment where I look forward to reading anything she writes.

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner was an outstanding read and I can't wait to read the next in the series. For this particular novel picture a short and lighter read than Lord of the Rings because half of this novel takes place traversing across mountainous regions in search of a special stone. The latter half is when the action of the story picks up into overdrive. The main character, Eugenides, a thief of extraordinary skills is at first found in a prison of a local King. Then he is trusted into this journey to find this oh so special stone. While on the journey there is twists and turns, storytelling of gods and goddesses. For a fantasy with remarkably very little magic beside the gods and goddesses, this series does seem to be a must read for either fantasy lovers or those who aren't keen on the magic aspect, but rather a great story. This has been your surrogate crazy signing off, live in let live.

-crazyC

No comments:

Post a Comment