6.11.2013

The Secret Circle Volume I and II Review


Hello crazies and welcome to another review and this time its double feature. I decided to post two review in one because I read this series back to back. When I decided to read this series it was a couple a month before it was announced to be a new television series on the CW. However the show was a flop and was cancelled after one season. I never watched an episode, but heard that like the Vampire Diaries it was different from the novelization.

Being my first L.J. Smith I was a little opportunistic about this novel or rather bind-up. Now I can see why some people love this series so much. The character grow on you, the good and the bad. The story is suspenseful when needed and descriptive enough not to bore you to death. L.J. Smith is differently an author that I will read more of especially seen how I like the Vampire Diaries the television series.

Cassie Blake, a typical teenage girl on summer vacation with her mother back east. Just before vacation ends, her mother decided that they shall move in with her grandmother that she had never seen before back at her mother hometown of New Salem. What was in store for Cassie during following school years would eerie beyond believe where myths and magic aren't just story in fairy tale. What might be in store for Cassie in this strange and mysterious town of her mother birth and why are some of the town people fearful of the Crowhaven road?

This novel had it all. The pace, excitement and anything else that makes a good novel. Now, I know why people rave so much about L.J. Smith because she is a wonderful, suspenseful writer. However she is not above having some flaws in her writing. Personally for me during select chapters there would come a part that would jump to either a new day or different scene which I think those jump could have held some more information. One warning I will caution people is don't read this novel during a reading slump because its not as powerful a novel to pull you out of a slump, but it can keep a reading buzz going. All in all, the Secret Circle series was an excellent story that has roots in the Salem witches. Happy reading and pick up that next book. This has been your surrogate crazy signing off, live in let live.

-crazyC

No comments:

Post a Comment